Friday 26 May 2023

African Land Snails Sautéed & Baked in Kinshasa (Mbembe) || Traditional Congolese Food

https://www.youtube.com/embed/_eB1QvR03Ik


I'' m going to saturate the snails in water for around 5 mins In boiling water obviously After 5 mins I will take them out Take them out of their shells As well as include some vinegar or lemon juice To get rid of the viscousness and hardness And there we go I'' m mosting likely to take one more frying pan to clean the veggies I'' m mosting likely to take several of the chives and clean them with the other veggies I ' m going to take the center out These tomatoes will certainly be used to produce a thick sauce for the sautéed snails (later steamed in banana leaves) Whatever I'' m cutting right here will be utilized for the sautéed and also baked snails I'' m going to take the snails out of their coverings They'' re already cooked so it'' ll be extremely simple to take them out Just increase it and it it appears easily You can see that they'' re quite dirty At the end of the prep work stage they will look far better than this I'' m mosting likely to cleanse them in vinegar to remove as much dust as possible I ' m putting vinegar in the snails to remove the gooeyness I'' ll maintain cleansing them to ensure that they get considerably cleaner Make certain to put an excellent quantity I'' m going to leave them similar to this for 5-8 minutes and afterwards wash them once again I'' m adding a good amount of water Then rinsing them Getting rid of as much dust as possible I'' m mosting likely to rinse them at least 3 times After that sautéed them in oil They'' re already cleaner than in the start I'' m going to do two dishes - sautéed as well as baked in the oven Now that the snails are clean, the very first dish I'' m mosting likely to do is sautéed I'' m mosting likely to begin by grating some garlic Ginger Nutmeg Straightforward stock dice Squashed As well as to complete - curry A little bit A little bit of pepper - a pinch Currently I'' m mosting likely to sautéed the snails With all these flavors - curry, pepper, garlic, nutmeg & & ginger After sautéeing them I will include all the veggies as well as wrap the great deal in banana leaves - then put it on the barbeque For the 2nd recipe I'' m mosting likely to utilize the same seasonings as the initial one To make sure that'' s- nutmeg, ginger, stock cube, garlic,'pepper and also I ' m mosting likely to add'mustard And also some celery I ' ll mix every little thing up together Marinade the snails and afterwards cook them in the oven I'' m going to add some chili that I ' ve chopped into tiny pieces Take some mustard and include it to the sauce I'' ve included 2 spoons of oil I'' m going to mix everything I ' m going to taste the sauce to see to it it ' s nice Yep, extremely great -quite possibly experienced Currently I'' m mosting likely to mix it in with the snails See just how it'' s great as well as thick There'' s no requirement to add even more oil as there'' s sufficient from the sauce I'' m simply going to put them back into their coverings After that put them in the oven See how it'' s well seasoned I'' m mosting likely to take the snails individually and also position them in their shells Which have actually already been cleaned certainly Poor snail So now I'' ve blended in all the vegetables; bell peppers, tomato, onions, chives, celery, chili as well as another supply dice Pour whatever into the banana leaves This is what it looks like - it already looks tempting I'' m going to add some even more chives A bit extra water Ah indeed, really wonderful


pexels-photo-6210514.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&h=650&w=940

african instruments

https://howtoplaythedjembedrums.com/african-land-snails-sauteed-baked-in-kinshasa-mbembe-traditional-congolese-food/

No comments:

Post a Comment