Sunday 21 May 2023

'They don’t know that ballet is not only for girls': Nigerian Anthony Mmesoma Madu - BBC Africa

https://www.youtube.com/embed/CBC_V0i-6WQ


How I desire them to see me, is when I am dancing they know that there is a male ballet professional dancer. I dance ballet due to the fact that I enjoy dancing. We are transforming the narrative regarding the stereotype of ballet male dancers.Boys can really do ballet, and also they do extremely well because in ballet there is something we call a pas de deux- a dancing of two - where the male ballet professional dancer raises the woman. Just how I want them to see me, is when I am dancing they know that there is a male ballet professional dancer. I dance ballet because I love dance. We are changing the narrative concerning the stereotype of ballet male dancers.Boys can in fact do ballet, and they do extremely well due to the fact that in ballet there is something we call a pas de deux- a dance of two - where the male ballet dancer raises the woman. Male ballet dancing is below to remain and also it is not expected to be for just women.


pexels-photo-3662800.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&h=650&w=940

African instruments here

https://howtoplaythedjembedrums.com/they-dont-know-that-ballet-is-not-only-for-girls-nigerian-anthony-mmesoma-madu-bbc-africa/

No comments:

Post a Comment