Sunday 23 October 2022

Ancient Rhythms, Modern Technology | Elijah Aaron | TEDxOhioStateUniversity

https://www.youtube.com/embed/8PQc3M2HQ_s


Translator: Anna Durbanova Reviewer: Radost Tsvetkova (Beatboxing) (Beatboxing ends) TED. All right. (Praise) Well, the mike works. We are excellent on the mike. It is my icebreaker. My name is Elijah Aaron Palnik, I do around the country: around Columbus, around Ohio, and I do sort of a one-man band. We'' ll reach that in a second. I operate in the Division of Dancing right here, I am obviously not a dancer, although this body is ... where it'' s at.( Giggling) You guys like that? So, in the Division of Dancing I come with (Songs)? And the way that I am able to do it is by making use of some of the modern-day innovation, a fuse with a great deal of the ancient rhythms that I'' ve examined as well as I matured on, therefore, what this machine at my feet does, it permits me to tape whatever I desire, whenever I want, as well as it keeps going. Therefore producing a band of Elijah'' s, which can be quite extreme, appropriate? So I will just provide you a little - I'' ll show you just how it works.And the factor I

need to explain it - I was thinking of this backstage actually, but a great deal of the time I ' ll do and individuals are like- excellent instance: I carried out at a luncheon a few years back, as well as - just how do I place this? - everybody was like fifty years older than me. It was that type of luncheon, which was rather hip. This woman comes up to me afterwords, she goes - she gave me three items of advice that I hold really dear to my heart.One was," You need to cut your "beard."( Laughter) Okay, the next one -she goes, "It would do you good to find out some Neil Diamond. "( Giggling) I was like," All right, this girl is sweet." Okay? Seems like my grandma." And afterwards she goes," Just how do you do the backing tracks?" I was like," Well, I am doing them as I am going, I am simply improvisating and recording them." She goes, "Okay, so where do you do your support tracks?"" She would "not pay attention to me. So I need to describe it, so I am mosting likely to improvise right here. (Music) I ' m simply mosting likely to make something up before you, individuals, and then I ' ll see where it goes, okay? I ' d like you to enter my world,'I ' m welcoming you, alright? ('Hissing )This is where the pyrotechnics- I wanted it, yet I did not get the "Okay ". (Music )Did you hear it right around?( Music) Right here we go!( Songs ") We are just beginning.( Laughter) (Beatboxing )( Beatboxing ends) So then, this person is probably like a few thousand different drums, I simply sort of turn the wheel, and also it turns right into a brand-new drum. We will certainly see where this takes us, I have no concept what has to do with to happen. (Music) (Music ends )TED.Okay, so are you excellent?( Applause) Enjoyable, right? It is simply one huge bag of chill.


Okay, so -With the remaining time I ' d like to play one of my much-loved tracks by among my preferred musicians. His name is Paul Simon. And, the reason I care so a lot therefore deeply concerning this track is: the intertwining and also intermingling of ancient African rhythms and Modern Pop. It ' s like," I ' ll have four slices of that." Like that is -it talks to me, right? It'is my much-loved sort of music.And, it is simply what I like to do, okay"? I ' m mosting likely to play a song I have constantly desired to play by myself


pexels-photo-9630174.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&h=650&w=940

, as well as I couldn ' t, up until I got some of this contemporary -( Beatboxing)- technology. Okay?'Right here we go. This is called:" Rubies on the soles of her footwear"( Songs)( Beatboxing) (Songs)( Vocal singing) Ta-na na-na, ta-na na-na na. (Singing) Individuals say she's insane, she's got rubies on the soles of her shoes. Yeah, that's one method to lose these walking blues, diamonds on the soles of her shoes. She is literally neglected, she slid right into my pocket with my automobile secrets. She claimed," You ' ve taken me for given, due to the fact that I please you", putting on these diamonds on the soles of her shoes. (Music )He"makes the indicator of a teaspoon, she makes the indication of a wave.Poor child, get some clothing as well as put some aftershave to compensate for his normal footwear.


She states, "Honey, take me dance", yet they wound up resting in a doorway, bodegas and also the lights on, Upper Broadway, putting on these diamonds, and I might claim, "Oh oh, oh, due to the fact that if everyone below knows what I was chatting around, due to the fact that If everyone right here would understand precisely what I was speaking about, discussing rubies on the soles of the shoes.( Songs)( Vocal singing )Ta-na na-na , ta-na na-na na. (Beatboxing )Ta-na, na-na na. ( Songs ends) (Praise).


I ' ll carry out and individuals are like- perfect excellentInstance I performed did a luncheon lunch few couple of agoEarlier and And also how just how I put place? I have to discuss it, so I am going to improvisate right below. I ' m inviting you, fine?( Songs) Here we go! (Songs) (Music ends )TED.Okay, so are you excellent?

learn djembe here - click

https://howtoplaythedjembedrums.com/ancient-rhythms-modern-technology-elijah-aaron-tedxohiostateuniversity/

No comments:

Post a Comment