Sunday 16 October 2022

Random Instrument Challenge with Pete Davidson | The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

https://www.youtube.com/embed/xZ5pB2sO30I


-It is time for a game of "Random Instrument Challenge." Here we go! -♪ "Random Instrument Challenge" ♪ -And playing with me is the one, the only Pete Davidson, ladies and gentlemen! -♪ "Random Instrument Challenge" ♪ -Pete Davidson right -- That's what I'm talking about. Thank you for being here. Thanks for playing with us, buddy. Alright, here's how this works, okay? We're going to have a bunch of instruments over here that neither of us know how to play. And on your turn, you will pick a card from the board, which will give you a name of a random song. -Okay. -Alright? Then Tariq will pick from a bag. He will give us a random instrument. You'll then have to play the song with that instrument. If The Roots can guess what song you're playing, you get a point.


-Okay. -Enough rules? It makes sense? -It sounds good. Hi, Roots. -Alright, alright. Since I'm the host, I'll go first, I guess. Alright, which number, guys? We have an audience. This is exciting. Alright. It's such a great audience that they all just went, "4!" -"4." Yeah. -No one had any other number. Out of all the numbers, everyone just said, "4!" No, that's good. I got you. I heard everyone loud and clear. Okay. Alright. Tariq, what instrument will I be playing? -Let's see here.


Oh. You're going to be playing a long, wooden flute. - ♪♪ -Okay. - -I have no idea. Alright. Alright. How does this come out? Alright. This is not even a normal flute. This is like some weird --- -It's a long one. -I know. I understand it's a long one. but this is like a... That's not the weird part. -Oh, okay. -I've seen the long flutes before. I just... I own one, actually. It's just the bamboo one is what gets me. Alright. I have no idea where to even... Yeah, alright.


Okay. Alright. Everybody, alright, come on. Okay, here we go. Alright. Alright. Alright. 30 seconds on the clock. -Is it "God Save the Queen?" -No. Why would you guess "God Save the --" No. It's not a punk-rock song. -Start from the top. -I was. -Whatever, man. "Party in the U.S.A.," Miley Cyrus! -Oh, man. -Turn it up! -Wait. That was "Par--" Okay. -I was going to say that. -Hey, that wasn't fair. - No, it's not fair. Thank you. I appreciate it, Pete. -Yeah, man. -Pete, you're up, buddy. Pick a song from the board. Yeah. -Which one do you guys... -There you go. -8? I heard 7. I heard 7. Alright, alright! -Now they're getting -- -Alright. What do I got to do? Which instrument? -Okay. Oh, yeah. You got to play the Omnichord. -What the is that? -You can't say -- -I'm sorry. -You can't say the F-word. -I'm gonna guess it's this guy, the accordion-looking thing, right? -The big-ass thing? -Yeah. ♪♪ -Wait. -No, no, no. The Omnichord is this thing.


-This? Really? Yeah? -That's a microphone. -I thought that was a CPAP machine. -Okay. And this thing's just on? Okay, guys. -Come on, Pete. You got this, buddy. -Okay. -So far... -Wait. -It's weird. -I think it's broken. Wait, wait, wait, wait. -It's kind of dope. -Wait. Is it going to stop? Wait. -"Happy Birthday to You?" -What?! -Wait. -Pete, maybe slide the thing up and down, that white thing. If you slide that thing up and -- No, the other thing. -What thing? No, we should actually figure this out, 'cause that's not cool. -It looks cool, but -- -Alright, it broke. I don't know what it was. It was "Brick House." -Oh, man! ♪ She's a brick...♪ Yeah. Alright. Yeah. -Thanks, guys. -Dude, we got to go on concert -- on tour together. It's gonna be great. -We're sick, dude.


-Alright, my turn. Here we go. 10? "5!" Love it -- 5. Okay. -Oh, yes! -You got this. -Alright, what instrument do I got? I know the song. -Eh, it's a new song. -Okay, okay. Now you got to play it on the theremin. That's that guy. -That's the cool one. That's where you just go like this, right? ♪♪ -Are you sure you know this song? -Yes, I know this song. Here we go.


null

-Okay. -There you go. Unh! -"Up" by Cardi B? -Yes! How did you... ♪♪ -Wow, that's amazing. -It is amazing. Yeah, thank you. That was unbelievable. How did you get "Up"? -That was cool, man. Alright, that was pretty fun. Alright, Pete. -I was like, "I don't know what it is, but it sounds great." What do you guys... 1? Okay. Oh, come on. Alright. What do I got? -Upright bass. -Upright bass? -Yeah. -Is that that big one? -Yeah, it's the upright one.


-You can do this, man. You got this. ♪♪ -Alright. -This is great. -This is just something I thought I'd never have to do in my life. ♪♪ -Lower. -Okay, hold on. Lower? You think lower? -Yeah, yeah. -Okay. -Higher, higher. -Okay. -This audience is very interactive. -Yeah. Okay. Wait. Hold on. ♪♪ -What was it? Do that again. -Yeah, a little more. Yeah, a little more. -Alright, one more time. -It's, like, something on a soundtrack. -"Toxic" by Britney Spears? -We're in the realm. -Oh, crap! -We're in the realm. No, it was "Like a Virgin" by Madonna. -Aah! -Oh! -Why did you say "Aah," like you were close? That was -- -That was good.


-That was good, absolutely. Madonna would be proud. Alright, this last one, let's join forces and do a song. I heard it. I heard it in my head. -Yeah, I heard it. -We're going to both try and play the same song at the same time and work together to get The Roots to guess. -Okay. -Let's join forces. Here we go. Pick the song. Yeah, let's go for 10.


And I can see it, too, 'cause it's me and you. -Oh, this is a cool one. -Okay, yeah, yeah, we got this. Right? We got this. -Yeah, for sure. -Tariq, what instruments are we playing? -Guitarrón. -The what? -The guitarrón? -That's all you. You're a guitar man. -The guitarrón and the melodica. -The little piano? -Yeah.


-Alright. Cool. We just do the chorus, right? -Yes, exactly, right? -Yeah. Okay. I got to blow into this? -Yeah. -Alright. -Pete, it's -- -I know, I know. Let me guess -- it's your first time, right? -No, pick it up. -Hold on. -You can pick it up. -Dude, it's not a drug test. It's not a drug test. -You can pick it up.


-I can pick it up? -How he starts his cars. -Okay. -Ready? -Alright, wait. -You got it. -I have never seen something happen to this guy where it's like -- -It's COVID-friendly. -You got to kind of hollow out your chest? Wait. Alright? -One, two, three. -Two, three. ♪♪ Let's start it from the top again. Ready? One, two, three. ♪♪ -Oh, come on! -Wait. Just one more time. One, two, three. ♪♪ -That was good! -"I Love Rock 'n Roll"? -"I Love Rock 'n Roll"? No, "I Want You to Want Me." -Yes! Cheap Trick. One, two, three. ♪♪ Yeah, you got... -Right? Yeah. -Pete Davidson, everybody! More with Pete after this!.

african instruments

https://howtoplaythedjembedrums.com/random-instrument-challenge-with-pete-davidson-the-tonight-show-starring-jimmy-fallon/

No comments:

Post a Comment