Thursday 8 June 2023

Peter Szendofi: Drum 'n' Bass & Jungle Grooves - FULL DRUM LESSON (Drumeo)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/hlKDY7vybT0


(dynamic drum music) (constant techno drum songs) - Well played, male, well played. There'' s a whole lot of energy because. - Thank you. - Ladies and also gentlemen, Mr. Peter Szendofi. - Hi. - Ya. - Thank you.- Peter has come all the way out from Hungary, Budapest, deal with? We ' ve in fact chatted rather a little bit over the last couple years. We satisfied up at PASIC 2016 which has led to this. Male, Hungary ' s obtained a. great deal of great drummers. You'' re not the very first Hungarian. drummer we'' ve carried Drumeo. -( laughs )Cool, trendy. -Yet if you individuals put on'' t. understand who Peter is,'I ' m glad to introduce you to him and ideally you come to be a fan because his drumming. You ' ve been in over 130 cds, you ' ve done a whole lot of stuff with, you ' re a going to teacher,. I guess you could say, at the Drummer'' s Cumulative. - Yes'.- You ' ve also won what. they hire Hungary The Golden Drumstick. Honor in 2003 as well as 2004, which resembles best. drummer in Hungary. - Wow, yes. - Which is a significant honor, guy. - Yes, that'' s it.- So you understand your things. You likewise play in a. couple bands, too. Now the initial tune you.- This is a brand new. in some weeks, I believe in 21st of March. - Okay.


- So, that'' s my brand-new and. original composition. - Really amazing. - And on this cd, we will. have some great musicians, like Will Lee on bass and also. George Whitty on keyboards, and several various other Hungarian. excellent artists. I'' m so satisfied. to launch that CD and play this workshop. as a very first intro song. - Ya, offer us a little. taste of what'' s comin '. - Ya, ya, ya, ya. - If you people are. enjoying this'on YouTube it ' s probably already launched. so go as well as examine it out And also if you wish to follow Peter, your major means of interacting is through Facebook you said, your Facebook web page. - Ya, ya.


- Which is just. facebook.com/szendofi, I believe. - Yes, ya. - So see to it you go and. Follow him on there. And also a massive many thanks. to the sponsors for. assisting bring you out. We obtained Remo, we got Tama, Regal. Suggestion, Humes & & Berg ' s instances. So ya, a huge thanks to you individuals for assisting with. - Ya, ya, ya, ya, ya I like it. It'' s a gorgeous package. - You obtained 2 really great entrapments. - Ya, many thanks. - Really, extremely cool.And if you


men. are seeing this on Facebook or you'' re. viewing this on YouTube and also you like what you'' re seeing, we do this type of. things constantly within Drumeo Side. We also are mosting likely to be filming an one-of-a-kind program just. on drum and also bass and also jungle grooves with Peter that'' ll be special. only to Side participants, in addition to an interview. asking him some inquiries, and a Q & & A session. So if you guys like. this, head on over to Drumeo.com as well as register. You can get a cost-free test. at Drumeo.com/ test and also take a look at what. we have within. Yet, allow'' s reach the

lesson. - Jungle grooves and also drum and bass. Currently there'' s a PDF. of little exercises or a lot of grooves. that he'' s gon na educate. Additionally, the great point. about this lesson is all the'tunes you ' re. gon na listen to Peter play today are gon na be offered. It'' s very trendy,. - However let'' s begin out. - You know, it'' s interesting. drumming originated from. The first is from the late '' 60s. and very early ' 70s when the most well-known. funk as well as Motown drummers like Clyde Stubblefield and also Steve Jordan started to play a particular. kind of funk grooves with various kinds of accents, not only to play. the 2/4 backbeats, yet they started to play, they started to. ' 80s and also the very early '' 90s, the DJs started to. And also they began to put a particular groove. If we have a two-bar phrase, it consists of like, the first bar is 16 of 60 notes, the second bar is the very same. 5, six various cuts from a two-bar expression, as well as. after that they changed up the order. So they really put. it once again together simply like in a random order. That'' s why they got. lastly, this, the groove with the very same elements, yet they were appearing. entirely different. - Ya, because it'' s reduced.


as well as cut as well as cut up .- Ya, so they. transformed the accents on the kick drum as well as the. hi-hat as well as the entrapment drum. That ' s why when we pay attention. to a groove similar to this, it seems like a big mayhem,. just like a large forest. That ' s why they call. it jungle grooves since you can listen to. a two-bar expression or a four-bar expression. or eight-bar phrase, but the accents are. similar to a drum solo. It seems like there is no, any clear system,. like how to do it. Really, when I. play forest things, my jungle playing, as an example, in the initial song what you could hear, those. Ya, ya, fine.- Ya, ya, ya. Because it offers me a great deal of flexibility, yet the various other point is first of all, I had. to spend a great deal of time with the sluggish time exercising, with actually straightforward. drum and bass grooves. So the distinction in between the. drum as well as bass as well as the jungle is like the drum and also bass. grooves are straightforward, primarily, one-bar expression, two-bar phrase.Like, I would certainly say--. -If I play a straightforward drum as well as. Bass groove, it ' s like ...( steady drum music)? It ' s like one, 2, three ,. ( slow-moving drum songs)? If I would say like, alright,. It seems like this with. an exact same component, like ...( steady drum songs) Right? I play generally. the very same, like ...( steady drum songs) -Gotcha, ya. -? This is the difference. in between the jungle and also the drum and bass. If I play drum as well as bass. BPM, up till like 220, 230, I put on ' t understand. That ' s a large difficulty to keep the correct time. playing frequently during 6, seven, 10. mins within one track in rapid tempo. Let me provide you people. a number of instances what I brought. The initial groove,. what I wan na play, it ' s a basic drum.


as well as bass groove. I attempt to select five various grooves from the quite veryReally( sluggish drum songs)?( constant drum songs) A bit extra much faster. ( quick drum music) A bit much more much faster.( vibrant drum songs) A bit extra faster. For me, when I start to practice the drum with forest things, I had two points what I. had to figure out a lot. When I play, for. example, funk blend or Latin or jazz points I was practicing during last 3 years to play as vast. dynamic variety as is possible. When I play ghost. notes, that must be simply a truly a. tiny little notes because we have no outright notes, absolute. pitch on a drum collection, however we have a huge dynamic.


degree what we can use. To make music in the various other designs, we actually have to use. a huge vibrant range.But when we play the drum. as well as bass forest things, it ' s not feasible because if I would certainly. play the very same groove what I showed prior to with the dynamic. level as well as phrasing, if I play, for example,. a normal funk tune, it seems like ...( slow drum music) (moves right into steady drum songs) It appears even more like. fashionable something, not like a drum as well as bass. If I alter, if I. compress the vibrant level like this ...( stable drum songs) That seems like a real. drum and also bass forest groove since this sort of digital music, we have completely. That ' s why I transformed to this kind of. they were so interesting to be in an entirely. different part, be in the songs,. than if I played funk or fusion things. As well as additionally, so when I play these things I have much less vibrant. possibilities on a drum set, but I can utilize a whole lot of. effects, a lot of sounds and also a great deal of. When I play a jungle groove, it'' s basically, a drum solo might be, because I alter. That ' s why I use. three snare drums. I do workshop recordings I make use of in fact four snare drums. As well as I utilize only one flooring tom due to the fact that this music needs a great deal of. That ' s why I attempt to use various heaps. actually requires these points. Okay, allow me give you. the 2nd example which is a same kind of groove, however a little more hard. There'' s a little variation in the 2nd half. of this groove. It seems like ...( slow-moving drum music) Right? A little bit faster.( steady drum songs) A little bit more faster. (lively drum songs) A little bit a lot more faster. (rapid drum songs) I additionally can play the very same groove, in for instance, a. various entrapment drum. (quick drum music) Or. Or. I have several, several,. numerous possibilities to transform the location of the. right hand and also the left hand. Okay, this groove is a. little bit comparable than, for example, if you listen to the late '' 60s as well as. early ' 70s recordings from James Brown or Allman. Sibling or these bands, I made use of to listen to a great deal of Clyde Stubblefield stuff. You know, I'' m certain. a lot of you individuals know the truly renowned groove, this is the cool. drummer groove, which is really a really popular. lick for the DJs to remove as well as. speed up the tempo as well as produce a totally various chaos-oriented groove by the easy elements. This is generally. That'' s why it ' s. so interesting stuff. The various other thing from. Clyde Stubblefield, what I utilized to pay attention. to a whole lot which is a typical break beat or. basic of the jungle grooves due to the fact that he replays. once more, the accents between the snare. drum and the kick. This is the groove of the tune Anxiety which is a well-known. James Brown tune which appears like ... (steady drum songs)? So he did essentially. the exact same things while the DJs did later on. He was absolutely genius in terms of the groove having fun and also this kind of rhythmic part. Allow'' s see the following groove which is a two-bar. expression really, and also it also includes a little changing in terms of accents,. so it appears like, in slow-moving pace similar to this ...


( sluggish drum songs) Right? When you individuals. pay attention to it first, that can be a. little confusing since the place. of the 2/4 backbeats are gon na be transforming. So it seems like one,. two, 3, four, and also ... So I place the second entrapment drum accent, really for the one,. two, 3, 4, as well as. Like ... (sluggish drum music)? This part, like, it'' s repeating three. Times, like ... (slow drum music)? - Okay, I get it. Ya, ya, ya. - So that'' s a type of, if I can state a. 3 against 4. Like if I dip into. A much faster pace, that seems cool, like ... (constant drum music)? - Very cool. You obtained ta reveal us that. on the various other entrapments as well. - Ya. (steady drum songs) - That'' s so cool. - Likewise, the various other. recommendations for all of you people who. intend to begin to practice the drum and also bass. forest things is to be really, really client. and also invest a great deal of time with the slow-moving time practicing, since in this kind of music we have to be added mindful. of the moment playing.So it ' s


not feasible. to play the beats a little behind or for instance, a. little hurried from the very first and also second as well as third as well as 4th. quarter notes. Due to the fact that usually in this songs we use a great deal of other loops and also programming and also. arpeggios from the keyboards. So we have to. spend a great deal of time with slow time practicing, and also play each note to. the side of the grid. Or else, in a much faster tempo. I can see it, ya. - In terms of the time having fun. all of my practicing, when I practiced. drum as well as bass points, with truly simple things. as well as in truly slow tempo. And I keep my. concentration regularly to play each notes. Ya, make certain. that spacing'' s there. - As well as this lengthy time. practicing at sluggish pace, we really require to reach the quicker tempos. As I experienced, the fast tempo playing. will come immediately when we invest a little bit of time with the various. grooves in a slow tempo. - Cool. - To make sure that'' s why I would genuinely recommend you.If you individuals would certainly be unpatient and after like 20 mins simply. wish to quicken the tempo to 100 to 180, your. muscle mass would be tight, your focus. would certainly resemble difficult, and you guys will get low. That ' s why I actually spent two or 3 years. from the beginning to exercise drum . and bass things, when I did the very first. - Takes time.- It really takes time to focus on the beats. - Which makes sense. It ' s a rather complex. style of songs to play--- Definitely.- With all those.


little notes there . Let ' s take a look at number four.- Okay, okay. Allow'' s do it. That ' s a little. bit extra complex, not way too much, simply a bit. So, let me play it. (sluggish drum music)? (stable drum music) A little bit faster. (vibrant drum music)? - That is a cool beat. The displaced. downbeat on the as well as of the second bar of line one actually makes it seem in a timely manner. a little bit but it'' s


not.- Ya, as well as additionally'it ' s sounding a little like if I would play a. type of half-time. oriented point like ...( consistent drum music) To ensure that ' s a sort of mixture of half-time sixteenth. note oriented groove than a basic forest groove. - So can you reveal us an instance, maybe do it in just a. straight in advance time, and after that going right into that, so we can hear the. distinction as well as feel? - Yes. - Something very easy.


pexels-photo-6957258.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&h=650&w=940


- Ya, ya, ya. I likewise might change a bit as an example, the hi-hat part. I can play eighth notes. frequently on a hi-hat. For instance, like ... (stable drum songs) Right? I played essentially. the exact same groove, but if I transform. the hi-hat components, that would be an absolutely. various sounding groove. So that'' s why I normally. usage improvisation. There are some typical. drummer bass licks or activities, yet I primarily, I pay attention to a great deal of. this type of music which essentially doesn'' t. consist of real-time drumming. Because if I listen. to it from DJs, the mind of the DJs. are entirely different which'' s rejuvenating of my mind and also gives me a. great deal of fresh suggestions since they don'' t think. regarding the best hand as a hi-hat component,. the left hand is-- - Completely guy, ya, ya. - plays three notes.It ' s


excessive. No, they just programs and. attempt to locate perfect balance in between the set drum. parts as well as the various other components. I got really, a whole lot. of excellent concepts from DJs. That'' s why it ' s. so intriguing to. method these things. - Ya, that makes sense. Allow'' s do number 5. and afterwards we'' ll obtain you to play some more music for us. - Ya, the last one, the number five is a little, appears like kind. of a straight point. I quit to play the. 8th notes constantly. So it appears in slow tempo. Like one, 2, three, 4 ...


( slow drum songs)? When once again in another--. - Do it once more truly slow-moving, '' cause this is a. pleasant seeming beat. - Okay, one, two, three, 4. (slow-moving drum music) To play this type of straight beat oriented. drum as well as bass grooves, it'' s far more challenging. than when I play a drum as well as bass. groove as an example, with a straight. eighth notes like ... (stable drum songs) Since such as this, I have my click track. really on the ideal side. So I can hear constantly. the downbeats, but similar to this, it'' s not feasible because I play nearly frequently. the sixteenth notes in between the. kick as well as the entrapment, and the entrapment and also the hi-hats, so it'' s switching constantly.So it sounds like this,. a little much faster. (constant drum songs) A little bit extra quicker. (vibrant drum songs) Or possibly right here. I'' m attempting. - That is so amazing. (laughs) - To ensure that'' s why I stated like these kind of grooves in truly rapid tempo, for me, is far more. difficult for my brain, not like my hands as well as feet. So, I believe to play. quick paces and also by the hand side or feet side, that'' s. possible in 200 BPM if you are just. need to play like solitary stroke rolls. in a pad or something. To play this kind. of linear grooves-- - Oh, it'' s so tough. I was gon na say it ' s. deceptively hard. Like, you wear'' t. assume it ' s that hard, yet you rest down, not only. To obtain the patterns happening but to obtain the. area in between the notes and after that likewise to obtain the right. sound that you want from it, since it'' s an one-of-a-kind. sort of appearance that you have taking place there. Do you mind playing. us another tune? - Yes, sure, certain. - I would enjoy that.


'' Reason I obtained a couple. These beats are terrific .- You men, make sure. you practice these. You have to see it over again, that'' s totally cool ' reason. there ' s a great deal happening there. Allow ' s obtain you to. play us another tune and afterwards we ' ll obtain to. a few of the questions like exactly how do you. develop that rate, exactly how do you tune your drums. to seem like drum and also bass. I got a couple of inquiries. from the members also. What tune do you desire. to play for us next? - The following song called Take One, that'' s. a truly quick one. That tune I assume is 220 BPM. - Hoo! - Which groove. has generally only. single stroke rolls because it'' s too fast to play, I indicate for me. - No question. (laughs) - Too quick to play. any type of other variations.


- Awesome. Well that'' s appears--. - It'' s enjoyable.- Let ' s inspect out Take One. - Ya, ya, Take One. - Alright, joys. ("" Take One"") That boggled the mind. - Thank you. - You had to be so loosened. to be able to play that at 220 beats per min. You appeared like you were rather. cool during, male. - Ya, you understand, as I said, it'' s much extra difficult for me to maintain the excellent equilibrium. between the 16th notes. - No question. You ' ve been in over 130 albums, you ' ve done a lot of stuff with, you ' re a checking out teacher,. When I play a forest groove, it'' s essentially, a drum solo can be, due to the fact that I alter. That'' s why it ' s. so fascinating things. Like, you wear'' t. believe it ' s that hard, yet you sit rest, not onlyJust You have to view it over once more, that'' s entirely cool ' cause.I have a hard enough time doing that at 180 beats per minute, you'' re doing it at 220. - Thank you.


- But I got a bunch of concerns for you if you don'' t mind.- Sure, sure, certain. - Something just for myself, for those that are - I would provide you two examples. The first is Jojo Mayer'' s. having fun, of training course. We are fantastic friends with. Jojo given that more than 20 years, and also it was fascinating due to the fact that there was a number of. drum events in Hungary in 1994, 1995 really, and we played with each other. As well as after among the programs we mosted likely to a nightclub. And Jojo claimed to. me, he was smoking cigarettes, and also he paid attention to. that kind of music which during that time. for me was so dull. Like a (mimics drum rhythm). This kind of thing,. and after that he said to me, he feels something. with this music and he will do. something truly fresh with this sort of songs, and I absolutely. didn'' t comprehend it.Like what do you mean,. what do you intend to do with this kind of songs. Yet after that when I paid attention. to his recording I determined to start. to play these things. That was around 2005, 2006 as well as his band is called Nerve. They play the same. example with a DJ, a key-board. player, a bass gamer, and also the drums as well as that'' s. a truly dynamic, hard-edged, electronic. fusion songs. - Sort of tribal. based, tribal stuff. So Jojo Mayer, the band Nerve. - Ya, he'' s wonderful.- Maybe another idea, one various other band that you know of? - Ya, the various other one is. in fact a bass gamer. His label is Square Pusher. - Okay, can you mean that? - He'' s a wonderful. DJ as well as bass player. He does live programs. with a great deal of laptops as well as bass guitar. And he does the cutting of the. loops and editing and also to play bass in live. That'' s wonderful.-'What ' s his name once again? - Ya, Square Pusher. - Okay, obtained it. - He'' s fantastic. I got practically 20 various. recordings from him. He'' s fairly prominent given that. the late '' 80s, early ' 90s. He has at least. 25 recordings, and also I absolutely suggest. every one of you individuals to listen to Square Pusher due to the fact that in his cds there'' s no any kind of pre-created. or downloaded loopholes. Each of the notes was produced by Square Pusher. - Very trendy. - To ensure that'' s great. - Really great. Certainly have a look at. those 2 groups. I know I'' ve listened. Hopefully we'' ll have him. questions for ya before we complete, '' reason. we ' re obtaining near the end.There ' s a great deal of. inquiries in below from different participants. that are all extremely comparable and also the one concern. I maintain seeing a great deal of so I ' ll ask you is what kind'. of technique are you utilizing to get that sort of rate while. you still look really loosened? Can you simply maybe. chat a bit, or perhaps give a. pair suggestions of just how drummers that want to. get involved in this design can maintain their tension down and also. to get these sort of speeds?- In fact, I wear ' t use any type of complicated things.I don ' t usage basically',. a Moeller or a push-pull or this kind of things. I play generally, easy. wrist as well as finger control. That ' s it. The only point is I constantly search for'the best balance in between the drum set and also myself. So I never ever play by muscle mass. I try to be constantly. really loose and kicked back. Otherwise, like 85. of my focus would be to play out somehow. I try to play with wrist and fingers as much as is possible. I play in fact with these beats straightforward stickings,. I also did practicing. like to play best hand basic eighth notes, as well as throughout this. playing I tried to transform the solitary and double. Simply like, if I would state like, like I play eight 8th notes.One as well as two as well as three and also 4.( slow drum songs )? I ' m certain if you. Like no any pressure,. Dave] I like that.


would be a trap. - It ' s perhaps feasible. I would be suffering a great deal if I would certainly have. to play by muscles in these quick tempos. -That makes feeling. It ' s really loosened grip, specifically since you do it. done in typical hold too, which is really crazy. However we ' ll dive extra. right into your technique in the training course that'we ' re gon na. be recording for Drumeo Side. As well as if you guys'watching this, we ' re gon na do a Q & A tomorrow so you can dive in to. the more'technological side of & your method in there. However the other concern. I obtain a whole lot of is your adjusting and. your established for this. You spoke a little. concerning having 4 entrapments on your recordings in the house. Can you discuss why you. have your arrangement like this as well as perhaps why you chose the. tunings for your snares?- Since I think in. this kind of songs we need to make use of various. kind of snare drums because the majority of the. time, like this songs doesn ' t contain. Any lengthy drum solos or'something like this.I did a drum solo. now in the initial song


and also I will do one. That ' s why I use. Actually, when I. play these kind of beats, I imply, it ' s not necessary. Perhaps more kick audios. So I normally play. like one snare drum, two and also 3 as well as 4 when I do drum bass recordings. And also just one floor. tom right here, that'' s it. -Really great,'ya. Well, I ' m delighted to see what you ' re gon na. give us tomorrow as well as I ' m thrilled to see. you play one even more tune for us if you put on ' t mind. It is practically 5 so we ' re. gon na wrap it up there.- Okay.- A great deal even more questions came, however we'' ll do that. tomorrow for the Q & & A. Just wish to say thanks to. every person for watching. Hope you obtained something from it. I most definitely got. inspired to wish to get involved in this style of songs more. - Thank you. - You recognize, every single time I'' m. on your electronic drum established, you scroll to the. drum as well as bass point and you'' re like oh , I. wish I can play this, yet I can'' t so I got ta. technique it more. Very great beats,. thank you significantly. - Many thanks really a lot. for having me right here. That was an excellent.


enjoyment to'be here.It ' s a gorgeous area. - Well, thank you. You'' re always welcome,. - Yes, that'' s appropriate. -Yes, alright so'we ' re gon na. What'' s the tune called? - This track is called.


Shotgun Technique. - Shotgun Approach? -Ya, Shotgun Technique due to the fact that I have a band,. it ' s called Loop Medical professionals. That ' s really a dual development with a terrific keyboard player. and also rap artist guy from Hungary. And also we did our last recording which was tape-recorded in Brooklyn. a pair of years before as well as we took like. two or 3 extracts from this tune. And all of the takes contain some big blunders. And we claimed, to the sound individual, all right, allow'' s do one more take. And he said, "" Okay,. shotgun technique."" And we much like it. - There ya go.


- To make sure that'' s why this is it.- Those are in some cases the very best stories when it comes. to the studio, recording. - Ya, ya, ya, absolutely. - So, once more, many thanks. every person for viewing. If you guys such as this go. to Drumeo.com and authorize up. Also, for those. that are seeing, all the tracks that he played,. or Peter played, sorry, in this lesson are gon na be. readily available as a play-along so you can try what he'' s. doing on them as well.So, hello. - Many thanks really much. - No, thanks. - Many thanks. - We'' ll see you guys later. ("" Shotgun Method"". by Loophole Physicians) ♪ Just listen to the groove. of the bass as well as the drums ♪ Beating a sonic. course, now here it comes ♪ The art of preparing. sound to the limitation ♪ Thin airwave architecture. within a five- minute plan ♪ Forbid the visual ♪ Free your mind, let. go of the typical concept ♪ See the music grow. graphics in your mind ♪ An unique individual blind ♪ Today all you. need is imagination ♪ Some inspiration, organization ♪ Audio is open to. analysis, a. sonic feeling ♪ Action up to the abstract plate ♪ Open the entrance, never ever undervalue ♪ The mental power. of crucial ♪ Intercontinental music ♪ Which aspect is essential (vibrant drum music). - It ' s maybe feasible. That ' s why I make use of. Actually, when I. play these kind of beats, I imply, it ' s not needed. Well, I ' m delighted to see what you ' re gon na. That ' s in fact a dual development with a great key-board gamer.

learn djembe here - click

https://howtoplaythedjembedrums.com/peter-szendofi-drum-n-bass-jungle-grooves-full-drum-lesson-drumeo/

No comments:

Post a Comment