Wednesday 28 December 2022

Cathy Tshilombo-Lokemba, Chef and African fashion guru S3 E6

https://www.youtube.com/embed/NQ25zYVzMs8


Living in Belgium, where I was the only black girl in my 2,000 student around me, give me a lot of confidence to show my culture. To interior design, to fashion design, Everything was related to Africa. Nobody knew really about my culture, so I really wanted to promote it. ♪ I was designing a lot of African clothing that really really brought something new to the market.


♪ I was one of the first designer to really explore African fabric in the Belgium culture, at that time, so I managed myself to have a little company. ♪ There is no fear in creativity. It's so great. You just don't know where this imagination can take you. So just ride the, take the trip, and just enjoy. ♪ I knew i wanted to express my culinary skills, which I didn't go to school for, but I went to my mom's school, which taught me how to cook when I was 9 years old. ♪ Seeing all these many cultures and how people react and interact, it's just amazing. And it gives you a very great background that open up your eyes for more creativity. You know, you're not just talking stuck in your culture but you have all the flavors and you can mix it and create something new. ♪ Actually, creativity is not something that you learn. It's something that you develop. Because it's already inside you. You just need to develop the truth to be more creative.


pexels-photo-1038043.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&h=650&w=940


Life is great, you know. And when you have that happiness inside you, you want to express it, with painting, with clothing with fashion show, with food. You're just excited to create something that will make people happy. Yeah, that's pretty much what drives me..

african instruments

https://howtoplaythedjembedrums.com/cathy-tshilombo-lokemba-chef-and-african-fashion-guru-s3-e6/

No comments:

Post a Comment