Thursday 1 December 2022

You Won’t Believe What Happened to Me in West Africa 😭😡

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ip4e2Cbonss


I don't know where I will stay overnight, weather in bus, village or on road. I don't have luck with me. People tell this is a very unsafe area and I can't see more than two people in this place. I have been stuck in a very bad place, I should not go out. Because the surroundings... I have not experienced anything like this in my travel life. I have risk in each and every step of my life. Before coming to Africa, I had never thought I will have to face a situation like this. Hey guys very good morning, welcome back to the new vlog. My name is Tourvashu. I am in Guinea Bissau's country capital, Guinea with Munero. He is in his original uniform, you are seeing this for the first time.


He works in port as a guard. It's finally time to tell bye bye to Guinea-Bissau I have to travel to next country Guinea. Guinea and Guinea Bissau are 2 neighboring countries. I am going today, it's 8 in the morning. It was raining in the morning, but now the rain has stopped. It can rain anytime, I can not predict anything. Situation is not going according to my plan because of rain. Maria is his girlfriend. We have come to the main road, we are taking taxi.


Taxi also came, but it is full. The second taxi also came, since it's in the morning will get a lot of empty taxies. We have come to the Bissau garage. This journey is going to be very dangerous, because I have zero information on this country. I don't know how can I reach Conakry. Before this, I had faced problem while going from Mali to Senegal. I also had an idea how to go, but now I don't have any idea I don't know what to do. There is no transportation also. Monero told there is no direct car from here to Conakry. The distance from Bissau to Conakry is 600 km. It is very difficult to reach today. I don't know where I am going to stay overnight, weather in bus, village, road or in town.


I am going to reach Conakry tomorrow. I am going to the town which is near the border, I might get taxi to the capital of Guinea from there. There is no direct bus or car, nobody knows anything here. The journey today is going to be uncertain because 600 km I have to travel. It started to rain. the road is not good. I have taken the ticket of van which is 4500 CFA. Gabu is 200 km from here. The vehicle will not move until its full. I guess it is only half filled, I have to wait for some more time. Whether am inside the car or in the garage, everywhere I can hear African music. African music is very good. There is a E-Visa for Indians for Guinea. I still have doubt whether I can go to the country through land border in E-Visa. It is a very risky travel today. I had applied for Guinea Visa, two days back I got it.


I have got one month stay which is 6500 INR. Here visa are very expensive. I don't know for how many days I will stay. It is morning time, I have not eat anything it's going to be 4-5 hour journey. I hope I can find something to eat. There is sandwich shop here, we can only find egg, fish and bread. Wherever you go in Africa, the local food is sandwich. You get only three things with sandwich, egg, potato and fish. There is no other option to eat. Same as other West African countries, meat is consumed more here. But they also eat fish. They tell if we eat any other meat then fish, it will be very expensive and they think it's very luxurious.


Fish is only less expensive and they eat almost daily. Conakry is 600 km but we are going to Gabu and then to Conakry. Gabu to Conakry is 500 km. They eat lot of black pepper. I think this is a cake. Homemade cake. I guess she will flip it. This cake is 500 CFA. Sandwich has come. I told him to eat but he is not eating. Don't have luck with me. I thought if I leave early, I can reach to my destination early. Things are not going according to my plan. I had come here around 8:30. It is 10:30, buses not full, Monero was getting late to his duty so he went. I am alone here. I can see electronic items being sold here. I think we will leave, this is our vehicle. I have to sit in the front. We left around 11 in the morning, they told we will reach around 4 o'clock. It is already been 3 hours, now it's 2:00 p.m. We have completed only half distance, till halfway is left.


I don't know whether I can clear immigration today or not. I don't know where I will stay in the night. It is already been late and the road is not good The road was bad in Mali and Gambia, here also the road is not good. Excluding Senegal, all the roads were bad. The road has not been constructed, it is filled with potholes. The road is red colour and the soil is also red in colour. Potholes are also red in colour. She is selling Kaju. Everybody sells Kaju. Corn is also being sold. How can anyone eat dry corn? It is 4:30 in the evening. We have reached Gabu. It was told we will reach in 4 hours but it has already been more than 5 hours. He has left me in the middle of the road, I have to go to the garage nearby. I have to go in taxi. I will take my bag. They are taking Milfra to go to garage from here. Milfra mains 1000 in French.


This area is very near to Guinea so French is being spoken. Most of the bikes here are TVS bikes. TVS Star and TVS Apache. In Mali and Senegal I saw many TVS bikes, I did not see much bikes in Gambia because it is a small country. I saw a lot of bikes in Guinea Bissau, I guess the whole West Africa is filled with TVS bikes.


He left me in this place. It is 4:30 in the evening. A known person is coming here to help me. I cannot see many cars. He is Monero friend. He lives in Guinea-Bissau but it has come to Guinea to work, he is telling there is no electricity in this place. I am not finding any car, they are telling and there are no passengers, how can I provide a car? I can not see any people here. The whole garage is empty they are telling the vehicle might go morning. I am feeling very bad. I was going from Mali to Senegal I was stuck in between. I can feel the worst condition than that now. I don't know where to stay and what to eat. I asked some locals they are telling there is no proper Road also. If there is Road also, I don't know when we will reach. He knows Portuguese and French he don't know English. I cannot talk with him also, we are talking on Google Translate. This is the main road, the condition of this road is very bad. We are going to the hotel, they are telling if they are no tourists here, how can you find a hotel? It is not a city it is a very small town.


There are only one not two Hotel like things in the town. There are no hotels here. I should walk on this road. A wired thing happened today, which I had never faced in my travel history. Whenever you are leaving the country, an immigration exit stamp will be put near the border. When we left from Guinea-Bissau garage, checkpost came within 10 minutes, they stopped the vehicle. I thought it is just a normal check post they will check our passport. But after that they demanded money. I was not ready to give the money.


null


I was angry. They saw me angry and they were scared. They told 'It is an immigration exit stamp.' I asked 'How here?' I told 'International border is very far!' But they took my passport. And put the exit stamp inside the city I don't know whether it's good or bad. I guess I will get one more stamp at the border.


For now I have exited from this country. The Date written is today. But, on paper I am not in this country anymore. But technically, I will exit this country tomorrow. This date is also going miss match. There is no facility for tourism and travelers. When I started to scream on the officers, they told I don't want money and put stamp without asking. He is Happy after seeing me. This is the facility provided for the tourist. It is very different in this village. I have taken the room, They will show me the room very shortly. Local people told me he is taking three times more the money. Local people pay around 500 INR. He is charging 1500 INR per night. The area is also not very safe. It will get dark now, he advised me not to go out. There is nothing here except garage. The area is very Shady. There was no house, I felt it very unsafe. I am staying, here believing him.


There is no other option, I have stuck in a very bad situation. I had not been traveling like this in my entire life. Electricity is also not there, he is telling it might come night for 2 hours. There is no electricity it is very dark I will turn on my flashlight. The hotel is good, but the price is very high. The most important think is safety and security. This is the hotel and washroom. The weather has changed. It was Sunny few minutes back but now it has already started to rain. It also gets dark in a while. I have to get something to eat, otherwise I will not have anything till tomorrow 12:00 noon. He is telling the whole area is unsafe. There are no people here except one or two. We have come here, there is nothing to eat. We have to eat street food. I saw small restaurant, we have come here. He is telling 'I will not eat, I will go home and eat.' Rice, potato fry and egg.


So I have ordered this. I have come back to my room, it is already night. Electricity is also there. He is telling we cannot believe anything. It will be there for only one or two hours. Alberto has gone back to his home. This is the situation here. I will meet you in the morning, bye and good night. Hey guys very good morning and welcome back again. It is 8:00 in the morning. Albert has come back near my hotel. I couldn't sleep the whole night. Because I know the day is very uncertain. If I don't get entry through e-visa, I might reach 3-4 days later. I have to sleep all the way, so I was editing video last night. I couldn't upload because there is problem of internet.


I will sleep in the car, we are going to the garage now. I hope we will reach on time, but on paper I have already left Guinea-Bissau. Technically, I am still in Guinea Bissau. This is first time happening in my life, I told to people and everybody were shocked. How can I go? The shoes is going to get dirty again! He came 15 km far from his home. Today also he came near my hotel around 8 o'clock in the morning. I have covered my whole bag with this plastic bag.


I hope it doesn't get wet, when it rains. Nobody knows English here. He has taken 17000 CFA Which is around 2200INR. They asked another extra 4000 CFA for luggage. They agreed for 2000 CFA. They are telling there is no place to keep the luggage inside, we are going to keep it on the top. It might rain anytime, my bag might get wet, so I had purchased polythene bag. If it rains, my clothes might get wet and also I have some electronic gadgets inside the bag. There is risk in every situation. We have come to this restaurant to eat something. I have ordered sandwich, I will eat and drink something. I don't know when I will get the opportunity to eat again. Including the luggage and fair I am paying 2400 INR for 500 km. Sandwich has come. He has ordered coffee, I will order it later. I am very unhappy today. 17 people can sit in this vehicle, only 7 people have come. 10 more people have to come. I have already spent a night, I should still stay for another night.


Time and energy is being wasted. If the vehicle is not full today, it might go tomorrow. No matter it is one day or one month. Hey guys very good morning once again. Today is my third day in Gabu. It is been 3 days waiting for the car go to my next country. It is 9 in the morning. If I tell the weather, it won't be like that after few seconds. I have come out of the hotel.


I stayed 2 Nights in this hotel. I am going towards the garage. It is 5 minutes walking distance. Before coming to Africa, I had never thought I have to undergo such situation. But there is no other option now. I don't think we will face any such situation outside Africa. At least a single vehicle should go everyday. We have come to the garage, vehicle standing in front of me. I can see more bags on the top. I can see many people, I will enquire now. I will have my breakfast, this is sandwich shop. Sandwich has come, I had also ordered coffee. She is eating Chakri, there is different name for that here. I have 50000 CFA left.


They both are currency exchanges, because there is different currency in Guinea. It might get another 2-3 days, I don't want to spend all the money here. 1 INR is equal to 110 GFA 1 CFA is equal to 13.5 GFA. They are giving it for 12.5 GFA, They are giving one GFA less. From Guinea Bissau to Conakry, It will take one week. It will take a week, I thought if leave today I will reach tomorrow or day after tomorrow. It is taking a week. People are coming to garage, but the vehicle is not getting filled. Portuguese is spoken in Guinea, but this place is 100 KM far from Guinea. Portuguese influence is less here. Here, French influence more..

african instruments

https://howtoplaythedjembedrums.com/you-wont-believe-what-happened-to-me-in-west-africa-%f0%9f%98%ad%f0%9f%98%a1/

No comments:

Post a Comment