Saturday 25 February 2023

Amy Lee - VEVO Stylized

https://www.youtube.com/embed/gVxr9X24VxE


(logo whooshes) - Hi, I'm Amy Lee from Evanescence and this is my Vivo Stylized. ♪ Do what you, what you want ♪ ♪ If you have a dream for better ♪ ♪ Do what you, what you want ♪ ♪ 'Til you don't want it anymore ♪ I love fashion. I'm a creative person ♪ Remember who you really are ♪ so any real excuse to express myself, I'm gonna use it. (thumping electric guitar music) (logo whooshes) I usually just do a big round of designs right before we go on tour and get some stuff going. So I have my own look on stage. It's not so easy shopping for stage clothes. I kind of feel like it's a big time saver if I just create my own thing. I'm in a really lucky position where I can go, "Okay, I've got these designs." "People, help me make 'em." I like asymmetrical things. I kind of like a little bit of chaos. When it comes to the band, I wanna dress to fit the music. So it's really just about that, just having fun, being creative and expressing myself, but also kind of like fitting the creativity of the sound.


It's really limitless as far as glitter and and glam because it's, you know, you're on stage you wanna have a little bit of something kind of funky going on. Yeah, it's cool. It's sort of like Halloween every show. ♪ Be a way we can break through ♪ (logo whooshes) (relaxing piano music) This is a new one I haven't actually worn yet but I think it's super cool. Inspiration was zombie ballerina. I used to make my own clothes in high school. It started with just like making Halloween costumes every year and then that became really fun and then it was like, "I'm just gonna make my own clothes." It's cool, but stuff just falls apart. There were a couple times at school where my clothes would just start falling apart and be like, "I have to go to the bathroom." "Does anybody have a needle?" No, nobody has a needle Cause you're the only nerd sewing her own clothes. (Amy chuckles) (logo whooshes) I found this actually in Nashville when we were still recording.


It's like, it's not real, but it's like a little foxy tail. But somebody told me, you have to make sure and wear it on the side, not on the back. 'Cause that means something sexual. I don't know. I'm not really sure. Does that mean something? Somebody said that, I think they're actually probably messing with me. (logo whooshes) "What you want." I think the way that the song feels is so raw and in your face and now and real and I wanted the video to feel real like that. This is from the video in the live performance section. It's just, just sleeves to put on top of whatever you got going on and got a bunch of, I don't know, movement.


It's sort of like the whole long hair thing is a prop too. It's like hair. Anything that swings around just makes it look like more stuff is going on, on stage. You can do really anything in a photo shoot or music video. I'm not, I don't have to worry about tripping on it. Like there's all these rules for stage.


pexels-photo-794063.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&h=650&w=940

It's gotta be like, okay, my boob's not gonna pop out. I'm not gonna stomp on a really really long flowing skirt and fall on my ass. Cause I've definitely done that plenty of times before. I thought that that was really good because it's edgy but it's still feminine. You know, you don't wanna lose that. I'm a chick. I'm proud of that. That's part of what's hardcore about this actually, in a way. (chuckles) ♪ Do what do what you want ♪ ♪ (logo whooshes) ♪ This is a really cool super basic but I end up using this basic kind of stuff more than anything at the end of the day.


It's got a lot of movement, you know? So I can move a little bit less on stage and be like concentrating on hitting those high notes. I used to wear corsets a lot more when I wasn't as confident on stage. It's silly. It's like, "Okay, yeah, you're goth," but what really wasn't all about that part of it? It just makes me feel like you're about to ride a roller coaster and you're strapped in and you're not gonna fall out.


(laughs) This goes on top of everything. We wore it in the video, we wore it on stage almost every time I wore it last time I was on TV. Just this perfect thing that makes everything look better. I think in any kind of creation when you're working on something, you have a vision. It's very specific, but then as you just kind of gotta go with the flow like maybe it's better if you rip that sleeve off, go for it. (chuckles) Gotta be a little bit of open minded always. Yeah. This is one of the new designs too. It's okay. One shoulder here, one shoulder free and it kind of goes to one side and you get this cool thing with a pair of tight pants. It's a really cool feeling. Creating anything and then watching it actually after all the work happened, making a record, designing something and then having it come to life wearing it on stage, watching a performance.


I dunno, you tried something and it and it worked. (logo whooshes) That's about it for me, for my Vivo Stylize. It's been fun hanging out with you guys and showing you some of our backstage gear. I'll see you on the road. We're gonna be touring a whole bunch now for the next, I don't know, years. So, see you out there..

african instruments

https://howtoplaythedjembedrums.com/amy-lee-vevo-stylized/

No comments:

Post a Comment