Sunday 26 February 2023

Bring It!: Learning the African Dance (Season 1 Flashback) | Lifetime

- OK, y'all, these are the formations for the African dance. You do not know the intro, but you're about to learn it. The African dance showcases the versatility of the team. OK, everybody get down. You're going to be on your knees, hands in .. Step out with your left knee. hands up jazz. 1, 2, head, and head. Lean head, down hip, pop, 7, and 8. The African dance is a mixture of tribal movements. It has ballet style. It has passes. It has . It has pique turns. It has a lot of leaps and jumps.


Lean and head. Lean and head. Why are you up here-- you're up here rolling your neck. You dip your whole body. Get your booty out there. You're up like this. Sit down. Do it again. The Prancing Tigerettes are one of the Dancing Dolls' biggest rivalries, so I want them to dance as if President Obama is about to hit the building, and they're giving a million dollars away to the best dance team. Let's try it with music and see if you can do it. Get down. They need to always be on their toes and ready for whatever. Sometimes I'm having cuts, and I'm not even telling them that I'm having cuts. You don't know what I'm going to do. Make sure you're ready for whatever at any given time. OK, y'all ready? Here comes the music. Crystianna, I say that's too loud. I shouldn't be talking to you. Come on, Crystianna, where are you supposed to be? they hard or too soft. Come on, Sunjai, . It looks really awful. When you dance, you need to breathe, because as soon as you start to shut down, you can guarantee the judges are looking right in your face.


I mean, I scream, and I yell a lot. A lot. Anytime there are ever mistakes, that one person that makes a mistake, the judge is going to follow you around the floor the whole time to see, oh, she's going to mess up again. Oh, she's out of breath. Oh, she's on the wrong foot. And they're going to-- the whole squad loses points because of that one person. It has to be no mistakes on the floor. Name a football coach that doesn't yell. Name a basketball coach that doesn't yell. You know, I watch the Eagles coach all the time scream and go crazy from the sidelines. And I'm like, yeah, get their butt. That's right. Y'all can not get out there and just give it away. Y'all be pissed off about last week. I'm still mad. African dance is what we need to go ahead and have cuts on right now. Every time she has cuts, Miss Dianna yells.


pexels-photo-7520371.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&h=650&w=940

So it's kind of like you've got to take what she giving you about it and be like, next time dance harder. When I call your name, these are the folks, the 20, to have made cuts for right now. Let me see Maya Hayes, ,, Kayla, Camryn, Makalah, Crystianna, Tamia, ,, Shakayla, Sydney, Caitlyn, Tiara, Ken'Janae, Makaya, Brianna Jones, Jayden, Brianna Williams, Shakira Gatlin, and Sunjai. Not everybody's doing African dance, so she made the cut for that, and I'm just being so proud, but I want to be even more prouder when Sunjai make cuts for stand battle. kill this .. Energy, energy, energy, energy the entire time. the Dancing Dolls. All right, y'all! Slow down. 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. I didn't make ,, but I am excited about the African dance. We're going to have probably one of the best creative dance routines, because I'm sure people down there are not expecting what we're going to do. All right, ladies! When all of them rush to stage with those red and white feathers, I was like, don't talk. You know, nobody speak, because right now the girls are ready to do it.


It was amazing. Everything was perfect. Sunjai was out there. You know, I couldn't take my eyes off her. She did an awesome job. I just felt like I was going to jump up and cry. I was happy that I got to get up there and do it with the rest of the girls, go up there and compete. With our creative dance, we actually did something different. You went back to African dance, mother land.


What you do? Pray for Tigerettes. Snap those heads, baby! That's what I'm talking about! The routine was just beautiful. Everything flowed perfectly. I mean, it was just great. .

African instruments here

https://howtoplaythedjembedrums.com/bring-it-learning-the-african-dance-season-1-flashback-lifetime-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment