Saturday 18 February 2023

DIY HOW TO SEW A DRESS WITH AFRICAN FABRIC

https://www.youtube.com/embed/hAiinhunWow


Hi welcome our come back for another tutorial my name is Laura and today I'm gonna show you how to you make a dress using a pattern so if you wanna more please stay tuned alright, for this tutorial you need African attire and as usual the link will be in the description box a zigzag scissors if you don't have one a tailor scissors will do job just as fine as fine, a zip and for the last I'm using 18 inch length, patterns and the pattern is called Mc Call's please forgive me for the pronunciation, a thread scissors a tape measure, a chalk some pin and a facing. okay so off-camera I already marked the fabric and I fold the fabric in half the design mostly right in the middle and an oppressive of the iron for some reason that come I just messed up that particular footage as soon as I put the pattern on and so yeah I just floated whatever record anyway as you can see it's very very bad so I just going to be for a couple of seconds so yeah let's go back for a description so I placed the pattern on top of the fabric then which you need to use weight or you can use pin to secure the pattern on top of the fabric and just cut around it Once this is done I'm doing the same thing at the back making sure that the pattern is as bang in the middle at the back as much as I can and yeah just going back and forth and pimp underneath to make sure that everything is is equal and oh yeah so and I leave one one-and-a-half inch so this is the most delicate thing the process from one of the most dedicated process of the this making this to make sure that the pattern is right on the line at the back so we have a beautiful nice finished look and I'm just doing the something cutting around I'm using my tailor scissors as weight yes system D just do with what I have.


I place the darts off camera I realised that this pattern is not appropriate for 100% fabric and once I realized my mistake I'll have a second look to a pattern and I realized that is for Jersey he said like a leaf or jersey fabric ends is not Jersey is cotton 100% cotton and it's not stretch one bit so yeah I have to add that off-camera I didn't want to bored you guys out and you want to come the video to be longer than he has to be so if you want to know how I place the darts leaving a comment below and I'll be more than happy to show you how I do it This part is the is the zip so it's just a straight line down nothing really fancy sorry to come a bit shaky here another is bad footage but yeah I will do better next time so he because this type looks also I sewed in the neck and all the way down to the dress no wait I'm always on to dress on the side and I just leave a small opening and on shoulder and at the bottom I'm gonna give you like that I'm not going to do anything particular I'm gonna do the notching noches and you know how to say it that don't know choose anywho um yeah I'm doing it on the neck and on armpits and I'm doing this and thing as well for the back just like so so this the neck at the back no money like to do some triangle shapes and trimming the side and we go once this is done I'm turnin g the fabric around and I press it with the iron just like so and so and just pressing flats everywhere else ohm which is again the sides the armpits and the neck so when you press fabric please be sure that the lining stay inside that we can see little bit of the of the main fabric to have to say it in alright let me try again the fabric the, lining must stay in and then only the the fabric must come out that still come out wrong but let's keep moving I sew the back together I'm so straight line down I made opening of 17 inch and this is to help me insuring the zip. Alright the zip being pray iron and if again if you want me to show you in details how I put a zip on let me know and I'll be more than happy to do so ; ) So I'm starting by pinning the zip into the entire dress just like so Changing the foods from a flat foots to zip foot ideally supposed to use invisible food but I still can't find one and I keep on forgetting to go and get one when I get to shop.


And I start sewing from the bottom to the top easy lazy way for me. and finish with a backstitch okay so now I'm gonna close the zip and I'm going to mark on the other side so that to make sure that when I'm closing the zip everything match properly this is um this is a step we can escape if you wanna have a proper finished look especially when you using ankara so just like just some guests for me they're not really precise this is how I do we pin the other side once I'm transferred the the mark on to the other side of the zip and then I just pin everything together just like so I just sew a straight line down some same old same old nothing new year hear. You can over take off the pin or sew right on top. I'm finished the back stitch and I open at the bottom and I cut the bottom part and this is a have a look and off-camera a hand stitched on the side and this is opening and now I'm gonna join them together for the shoulder so this is very meticulous so be sure not to skip it and I turned the fabric inside out and right we've wright fabric and this's the right one underneath I'm poking the east both sides the shoulder just like so and the other side before you doing that I need to make sure that the exact some size that one shoulder is not a bigger or smaller the other, otherwise is not gonna work this technique and I understand much easier than the one I normally do I make sure to push on the side and you spin to help you along the way and like start with the back stitch and finish make sure you push the fabric on the side just the way I'm doing right now I love using my blades and I'm doing the same thing I never showed up make sure he's pushed on the side if he's not just gonna look Winky so yeah push it properly.


pexels-photo-2952204.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&h=650&w=940

I'm now taking off the pin finish with a back stitch again and trim in the side just like so an excess of fabric while we're there this is optional but just like to do it and I do distant thing on that side now trim the fabric so now I'm putting it out and Voilà see magic whoo-hoo and this is How the shoulder look like in front and at the back professional finished look that all this is the end, nice and easy and I'm gonna pin the side and sew straight line down as you can see here and I left half inch half inch room no more than that no more than that don't be gready girls! Otherwise is gonna look Winky and the fabric gonna squeeze and straights on the other side just just not gonna look good so no more than 1/2 inch please sister's please okay and voila so I just turn the fabric inside out and this is how you look like and that's my dad's and back zip.


Right that's it for me beautiful people thank you for watching the video until the end if you are still here must be a die-hard fan so I'm gonna ask you to subscribe to my channel and then let me know in the description down below what you think about the tutorial if you want some more this description now if you want me to go deeper and see on the darts oh if you want to see more footage on how I put a shoulder together what ever you just say hi if you're like it whatever I want to say feel free to leave a comment down below I love love love love to hear from you guys and also you can give this video a thumbs up it will be much appreciated and yeah I'm gonna yet there's a giveaway and I'm gonna give away at the beautiful fabric I made more information will be in the description box and I'm going on holiday for two weeks I'm not gonna be here no video for 2 weeks I will probably gonna keep on posting stuff on Instagram oh talking about asta gram I made it at jumpsuits using African fabric and you can go and have a look if you are very noisy and we should see to follow me on Instagram and I'm some Facebook I tried to post as much as I can for I would try for you guys I will try what yes I'm going for 2 weeks yeah oh so when I'm what I'll be back it's then I will upload the video about the dashiki but a dashiki bag so yeah keep on subscribing keep on loving and sharing and when I will be back you guys who's the winner all right thank you again have a blessing week have a blessing holiday whatever it may be and Peace.


XXX.

african instruments

https://howtoplaythedjembedrums.com/diy-how-to-sew-a-dress-with-african-fabric/

No comments:

Post a Comment