Sunday 29 January 2023

How to Play the Flam on Djembe | African Drums

https://www.youtube.com/embed/jVPpIZBlgMA


Speaker 1: Okay, today we are going to find out how to play the flam stroke on the Djembe drum. Flam is truly an American word, it implies nearly together, practically the very same time. You will see this in the solo strategy of the Djembe, or from any drum. The method you play the flam is you are going to play 2 hands, nearly the exact same time. You have lots and lots of mixes, you have tone, slap, base. The method I do it in solo may be various The method Bimba does it in his solo. Watch, I can do 2 slaps to begin, one hand a bit lower than the other and I drop them at the exact same time. They strike, nearly the very same time. The drum will decline if you struck the very same time you, so you wish to do one right prior to the next.See, watch once again, that is left hand lead flam. How do you play the flam? Speaker 2: Mine is a little bit various, due to the fact that as you state, everyone have, do it various. The method to speak, see, if I desire to go quickly I go, if I wished to do, I could. Speaker 1: And then often you can alter Speaker 1: I can do base and slap. Speaker 1: I can do, change sides, so you, What I'' m doing there is slap, flam to the tone? Tone, then I change sides, so I go, various pexels-photo-6189934.jpeg?auto=compress&cs=tinysrgb&h=650&w=940 Let ' s hear some solo with the flam. Speaker 2: I can do. and make your solo more interesting. I'' ve seen some drummers hold on one flam expression Speaker 2: Yeah, I can play quick, I can. Speaker 1: And as you see, in some cases the flam can be a bit more open or a bit more closed, which'' s approximately the gamer. That'' s how you play the flam on the Djembe drum.

Speaker 2: Mine is a little bit various, due to the fact that Speaker 1: I can do base and slap. Speaker 1: I can do, change sides, so you, Speaker 2: Yeah, I can play quick, I can. Speaker 1: And as you see, often the flam

https://howtoplaythedjembedrums.com/how-to-play-the-flam-on-djembe-african-drums-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment