Saturday 26 November 2022

Dance Moms: Dance Digest - "Country Cuties" (Season 3) | Lifetime

ABBY LEE: Come on, girls. Let's go! Let's do it. We only have one more week before Nationals. And we are traveling to Buffalo, New York, where we will be attending Intensity Dance. The group routine is a hoedown. It's entitled "Country Cuties." This is the week we attended regionals to qualify for the national competition. Every girl needs to give me 110%. And the moms? Well, they better mind their P's and Q's. Paige is too piked over in her strato jump. Keep your legs up higher. This week, we're doing a hoedown. And the name of the piece is "Country Cuties." Now, it may seem like just a fun, upbeat routine. But this is loaded with tricks, partner work, and you have to have a lot of stamina. Come on! I need the type of routine that's going to guarantee us a spot in the national competition. Four, five, six, seven, eight.


Oh, my god. Look at Paige. She's like, I have Asia. I'm used to there being a lot of gymnastics in Brooke's solos. But in a group dance, there just is so much acrobats in this. Like, everybody is just flipping and flopping around. Look at this. Look at this. Look at this. HOLLY: Oh, my gosh. Mackenzie is not doing this. I hope Mackenzie doesn't fall in the group dance. Walking on her hands for 48 counts is such a hard move. She's been nailing it in rehearsal. But where it counts is on the stage. All the moms come down. OK. Oh, gosh, that's never good. I don't know why Abby's calling all the mothers into the studio. But I really hope it's for her to yell at us. I haven't been screamed at today. I'm feeling a little empty inside. ABBY LEE: I'm running the group routine two dancers at a time. Because we do partner work, and I want to see whose timing is on and whose timing is off. Point, point. Smile, Brooke. Second foot. Watch your alignments. Shut your feet.


Watch your alignments. Your legs are supposed to be perpendicular to the floor. You will ruin the entire number if you fall. You threw yourself into that hand walk. You didn't take your time and kick up nice and controlled. This group routine should have been finished and clean the first day of rehearsal. The girls know all these steps. It's not that difficult. It's just demanding. And you have to work with your partner and trust that. The timing has to be right on the money. This "Country Cuties" number is not perfect yet. But I trust Abby. And hopefully, it will be cleaned up by competition. GROUP: Yee-haw! Oh, you guys look cute. You're cute! Oh, yeah, look how cute you are. If their hair is out, that's their fault, not your fault. OK? Don't hold your breath. You're never going to make it if you hold your breath. ABBY LEE (VOICEOVER): Mackenzie has to hand walk over a line of girls.


null


Is it going to happen or not? Come on, Mackenzie. Point your foot. Oh. ABBY LEE: Sure enough, she falls over. It looks ridiculous. Ruins the whole ending in the number. Because I pulled someone's hair. That's OK. Abby's going to yell at me now. It's OK. Now for our elite junior small groups. In second place, with a score of 276.7 points is act number 45, "Boy Meets Girl." And your highest scoring elite junior small group, with a score of 280.3 points is act number 72, "Country Cuties" from the Abby Lee Dance Company.


Mackenzie is lucky that this group won the overall first place high score. Mackenzie, you screwed up this routine. You better thank everybody else for pulling their weight and taking us to Nationals. Mackenzie practiced that over and over and over, when I said don't, you're going to get tired. And that's why she fell. Girls, one week until Nationals. Dream it. Eat it. Breathe it. Live it. I thought I would have a very clean, easy decision after the results today. But I saw stuff on that stage that I haven't seen go wrong in years. You know what it's going to be like for you guys if the Abby Lee Dance Company loses? .

African instruments here

https://howtoplaythedjembedrums.com/dance-moms-dance-digest-country-cuties-season-3-lifetime/

No comments:

Post a Comment