Saturday 14 January 2023

Gavin Harrison's Favourite Sticking (Drum Lesson)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/QvHyAcl__aA


- What'' s up everyone. I'' m sitting right here next to Gavin Harrison and also what you just played there is using among your favored stickings that you think is really valuable. - Yeah, I'' ve been doing this for several years and my favorite, well one of my favored stickings, it has a tendency ahead out a. lot without me assuming. It'' s a 5 note collection. Right left right best left. Now, you can play it as sixteens, like Okay. You can play it as triplets. And since it'' s 5. it doesn ' t catch the ear in the manner in which a group of. four or a group of three does. When you listen to drummers playing. in groups of 4 and also three, you kinda think "" oh, I. know what they'' re doing." When there'' s a 5, "you believe, "Ooh, hang on.Where ' s this going?"" It'' s obtained like a little. snaky path of it'' s very own. And also obviously what ' s fun is that you can stick a bass drum on. And not simply accent the initial note. Often the bass drum note that I place at the end of the. right, left, right, right, left I do a double time bass drum note. So it'' s still a team of six. So currently you can begin generating, changing from fives to 6s, placing a dual kick. at the end of the six and also changing neighborhoods. from sixteens to triplets.You can actually develop a. huge amount of variation to the licks as well as the fills.- Right, right. -I also utilize that pattern, as a means to accent five notes. So if I revealed you, if I play in 7/8 and afterwards I play the pattern. of five over the top you ' re gon na have 7/8 and also 5/16 going for the same time, right? Seems like this. One, 2, three, 4, 5, six, 7. So now you can obtain right into some. fairly polyrhythmic points. Because this pattern of five. is so natural to my hands, I wear ' t need to think of'it. I simply understand that that ' s a group of 5. Right, left, right, right, left. Right, left, right, right, left. As well as after that I can place it. It really feels quite a. natural pattern to play. Whether it'' s sixteens,. triplets or anything. I'' ve had a lot of gas mileage from it. - No kidding. - Yeah. Well I'' m delighted we got to. draw that out of you, trigger I'' ve definitely. listened to that come with in a great deal of your recordings as well as I'' ve constantly wondered what it was.And when


null

we were doing some. lessons right here at Drumeo, you stated "" It'' s among . my preferred stickings. So there it is. Gavin Harrison'' s favored sticking and a pair of really awesome uses for it. Thanks so much. - Satisfaction. - And also if you people liked that,. we have a whole lot a lot more with Gavin inside of Drumeo. So head on over to Drumeo.com and join us in the member'' s area. I ' ll see you men later on. It'' s a five note grouping. As well as of course what ' s enjoyable is that you can stick a bass drum on. Of five over the top you ' re gon na have 7/8 as well as 5/16 running at the exact same time? I just know that that ' s a team of five. I ' ll see you guys later on.

get djembe here - click

https://howtoplaythedjembedrums.com/gavin-harrisons-favourite-sticking-drum-lesson-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment